Mar 15, 2012

Friday funnies



Three videos this week - Sh*t Writers Say and Sh*t Non-writers Say sandwiching a brilliant music video by OK. Go that I found over at Maggie Stiefvater's blog (who, in addition to writing the fantastic The Scorpio races, has a blazing sense of humor).  








Finally, I stole these very bad metaphors from Matthew MacNish's blog - go here to read more. It's worth it. :
The ballerina rose gracefully en pointe and extended one slender leg behind her, like a dog at a fire hydrant.



  • He was as lame as a duck. Not the metaphorical lame duck, either, but a real duck that was actually lame. Maybe from stepping on a land mine or something.




  • She grew on him like she was a colony of E. coli and he was room-temperature Canadian beef.


  • Have a great weekend!

    11 comments:

    Kelley Lynn said...

    Those metaphors are SO funny.

    And so is the stuff non-writers say. Wow, we could add so many more things to that list :)

    Jeremy Bates said...

    OMG! You have no earthly idea of what it is like to find an Internet connection outside the U.S.

    The things non-writers say is spot-on and definitely funny.

    The videos were edited pretty decently as well.

    Amber Clites said...

    Oh my gosh I loved the video Sh*t Non-writers Say! So hilariously true!

    Elise Fallson said...

    LOL! This was so funny. (: No one offline knows I write so I get spared this kind of stuff. The car vid was very fun too!

    Kimberlee Turley said...

    That last video is so funny--because it's so true!

    Elizabeth Seckman said...

    Me personally? I think the E Coli on corned beef totally personifies teen love. If I was writing YA I would sooooo use that metaphor.

    Emily R. King said...

    Bawahahaha! The stuff non-writer's say is GREAT!
    Thanks for the laugh. : )

    Daisy Carter said...

    LOVE the Ok Go video! That was amazing! And I love Jackson Pearce. I've got one of her vids scheduled for my first April A-Z challenge post! Great round up as always!

    Tobi Summers said...

    "Can anybody fix my book?" = my life

    And the non-writers stuff alternately made me want to giggle and punch her. So accurate.

    A.L. Sonnichsen said...

    Ha ha ha! Thanks for making me laugh, Melodie. I think OK Go is amazing. I want to know how they come up with those ideas. And the metaphors are hilarious. My favorite is #2 because it sounds like something my mc would say in the novel I'm writing. I know, you should be worried.... "Somebody fix my book!!!"

    Sarah Tokeley said...

    I hadn't seen the non-writers one. It's funny 'cause it's true :-)