Feb 8, 2012

Dialogue introduction




Abe: Introducing Rachel Marr.

Rachel: Smooth. I can tell you've done this before

A. Hey, you're the one with all the press experience. Show me how it's done.

Rachel *clears throat* You've heard about him in the pages of Archaeological Digest. You've read his extraordinary treatise on the demise of the Mayans...

A: The Mayans? I've never...

Rachel: *quietly* Just go with it. And you've seen him covered in dust on the local news. His face is everywhere - and what a handsome face it is - please welcome Abraham Osiensky.

A: You think I'm handsome?

R: Sure. Now you go.

A:  Uh...Introducing Rachel Marr, the girl who has it all: beauty, brains and a phenomenal acting ability that's propelled her to fame most people only dream about. She can speak four languages...

R: It's more like, three, but we'll go with that.

A: And she's richer than God. But underneath all that glam is a really nice person. I should know - she just saved my neck in a major way.

R: Aw. You're so sweet, Abe. *pinches his cheek*

A: *jerks away* That's why it's easy to overlook her shortcomings.

R: Shortcomings? Like what?

A: You're scared of bats.  And you drive like you've escaped from a mental institution.

R: Just because I don't like sitting in bat poo doesn't mean I'm scared of them. You're the real the chicken here, buddy. *flaps arms like chicken wings* Brock!

A: Oh shut up.


25 comments:

Jess said...

Haha really cute! I loved it :)

Great job!

Tobi Summers said...

Haha, they're great! I like how she didn't dispute that she drives like she's escaped from a mental institution.

Kelley Lynn said...

Funny! I had animal poo in my dialog too! haha :)

Tyrean Martinson said...

Loved this conversation!

Carrie Butler said...

How fun! :)

Emily R. King said...

I learned so much in so little words. The energy was good and so was the humor. Nice!

Kyra Lennon said...

Hee hee, I really enjoyed the humour in this piece - great work!

Kimberlee Turley said...

*Brock!*

I love the playful banter. It was almost like I was listening to the conversation rather than reading it.

Sherri Lackey said...

Ha! Great characters!

Lisa said...

I liked hearing about their quirks.

A.L. Sonnichsen said...

Ha ha! Very cute and entertaining. :)

Unknown said...

LOL. You drive like you've escaped from a mental institution! hahaha. Great job!

Melissa Sugar said...

Clever exchange. I loved it. It was very entertaining. I loved the "Just because I don't like sitting in bat poo..." part and of course the "and you drive like you've escaped from a mental institution."

Great job.

Angela Cothran said...

I love the chemistry in this exchange, Melodie :) So much fun! Fantastic job!

Sharon Bayliss said...

Lots of fun. I loved that she was afraid of bats. Nice detail.

Deana said...

I'm lovin' this Melodie! You gave me quite a lot in this little tidbit. Great job:)

Jeremy Bates said...

I really like your writing design, do continue producing! I’ll be back!

Sara said...

hilarious. I love that she drives like she's escaped from a mental institute.

Anonymous said...

I like the strong interview 'voice' in this piece, like a screenplay.

Meradeth Houston said...

Love it! Great voices :)

Anonymous said...

Have to admit I'm scared of bats too! Driving like she escaped from a mental institution ... that's a great line!

Sarah Tokeley said...

These two definitely made me smile :-)

Elizabeth Seckman said...

Job well done!

Nicole Zoltack said...

I couldn't help but smile as I read this. Nice job!

Cassie Mae said...

This was so cute and so funny! I love the chemistry these two have. Great!!!