Aug 17, 2012

Friday funnies - Aug. 17

It's the first week of school here!



How I feel on this Friday:


What my students believe:


I need a shirt that says this:


Stop by Monday for an awesome interview with author Sarah Rees Brennan, whose book, UNSPOKEN is at the top of my fall reading recommendation list that'll be posted the following week. Sarah also wrote Team Human and The Demon's Lexicon and is a seriously generous person. I can't wait for you to meet her!

Have a great weekend!


7 comments:

Suzi said...

Oh crap, I lose my pens all the time. Good thing I've got the diploma, husband and kids already. I don't want to die. :)

Carrie Butler said...

I'm going to pretend this is the library and chain my pen to the desk! ;)

A.L. Sonnichsen said...

Ha ha ha! That pen one reminds me of those commercials (is it for Direct TV?) where the guy has cable and ends up sleeping in a ditch. :D

Looking forward to that interview. Sounds great!

Lisa Regan said...

Hah hah, I need that shirt too!

Emily R. King said...

The Batman/Owl one is great. My kids aren't back to school for another 2 1/2 weeks. I'll be sad to see them go.

Jess said...

I love that quote that you want a t-shirt of :) It reminds me of a Mark Twain quote that goes something like, "Better to keep your mouth shut and appear an idiot than to open it and remove all doubt." Looking forward to the Sarah Rees Brennan interview!

My hubby has horrible handwriting, but he works on computers all day, so I guess it doesn't matter much unless he's writing out a grocery list for me.

Jolene Perry said...

I love fridays here :-D