Jan 26, 2012

Friday Funnies for Jan. 26

This first one has some inside jokes so you need to know a few things to get them.

1. Wasilla is literally the duct tape capital of the world. Wal-Mart here sells more duct tape than anyone else in the nation. (Also, it comes in about 20 pretty colors.)
2. The Carr's on Gambel Street had to put their mouthwash behind locked cabinets bc the winos/druggies were stealing it to get drunk.
3. Snow machine. Period.
4. Anchorage charges zero tax.
5. The Bush Company is actually a...wait, you should be able to figure this one out...



Kristin Baker Przybyla (who needs at least one more consonant in her last name) has a consistently writing funny blog. Check out this post for some great pics.

And if you haven't yet visited Slush Pile Hell, I hereby recommend a trip forthwith.

Finally, since I promised funny cats and have yet to deliver:


Have a great weekend! Then stop back by on Monday. I'll have some exciting news for the not-yet-agented.

8 comments:

Sarah Tokeley said...

I didn't get the Bush Company thing so I googled it. Oh my.

Kristin Baker said...

Oh dear, I had to google The Bush Company too! I need to show this to my hubby, who grew up in Anchorage. Too funny!

Emily R. King said...

I haven't lived in Alaska, but I did live in the Canadian bush for a few years, so I actually understood this humor. Haahaha! Thanks for the laugh.

Kelley Lynn said...

What a cute kitty! :) love that line ;)

Suzi said...

Love the video. And I never knew duct tape came in so many colors.

Jolene Perry said...

he he he.
I have 5 colors of duct tape in my garage and WOULD have gone snowmachining this weekend if it hadn't been 20 freaking below in Talkeetna...

Jolene Perry said...

OKay - I had to say again - Przybyla's awesome and that video. HILARITY.

Deana said...

I'm all about exciting news for the not-yet-agented:)
And seriously, twenty colors?!